Please see all program information below. If you have any questions, we urge you to book a quick 10-minute no-obligation call with one of our experienced consultants.
The RII50815 Diploma of Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore) is a nationally recognised qualification.
The RII50815 Diploma of Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore) is designed for those seeking to develop their career and move towards a senior operational role. Specifically, this qualification level (Diploma) was created for Drillers, Rig Managers, Toolpushers and senior operational personnel such as Field Superintendent working in Australia. This course provides you with the technical and managerial skills to become a certified and competent Drilling Operator/Manager with the ability to work autonomously or managing a team and/or drilling operation.
To offer maximum flexibility the Diploma of Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore) (RII50815) is available with the following study option:
– Skills Recognition / Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for which you will require 3+ years experience
Units of Competency
The RII50815 Diploma of Drilling Oil & Gas (Onshore) requires the completion of 11 units comprising of 6 core units and 5 electives.
These units of competency have been developed in consultation with industry experts along with our facilitators who draw upon real-life operational case studies and examples to ensure the knowledge you gain is practical and applicable to your role.
– RIIBEF401D Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
– RIIOGD501E Manage rig operations
– RIIOGD502D Plan and evaluate rig operations
– RIIOGD504D Manage drilling operations
– RIIOGD505D Manage drilling induction and orientation
– RIISAM502D Manage general drilling equipment maintenance
– RIIOGD506D Manage rig move and camp move
– RIIOGD507D Manage and monitor rig-up and rig-up to spud operations
– RIIOGD508D Manage well completion and abandonment
– BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
– BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Potential Career Pathways
Potential career pathways for graduates of this qualification include roles such as an On-Shore Drilling Supervisor, Tool Pusher, Rig Manager or Drilling Superintendent. Previous graduates of this program have gone on to roles ranging from trade and administrative roles to professional and senior management roles within the Mining, Oil & Gas industry.
Successful graduation will allow you to gain access to multiple career opportunities in the market across an array of onshore Oil and Gas operations.
Previous graduates of this program have gone on to successfully acquire senior roles on onshore oil and gas operations, mining and engineering fields.
– This Diploma level qualification is the required qualification in Australia for Rig Managers, Tool Pushers and Senior Drillers.
– Official recognition of your current skills creating confidence to clients, customer and potential employers
– The program is nationally accredited and recognised in all Australian states and territories
– This program delivers positive pathways into higher levels of senior management in a variety of industries and contexts
Future Education Pathways
Previous graduates of this program have also gone on to complete:
– Advanced Diploma of Drilling Management
– Degree in Petroleum Engineering
Cost and Payment Options
This program has incentive-based pricing so please book in a quick no-obligation call to speak to a member of our team to see what price is currently available.
The following payment options are available:
– Pay as you go.
– Low monthly installments with no payout penalties.
– Ezidebit options
– We accept all major credit cards
Techskill.io Academy (RTO provider 45055) is regulated by the Federal Government, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). Techskill.io Academy is licenced to deliver all of our programs nationally across Australia.
Learn. Develop. Improve.
Let’s have a conversation.